Key Case Concepts
- Differential and investigations required for malignant bowel obstruction
- Indications for urgent and elective surgery
- Indications for oncologic and palliative surgery
1.0 Section 3 Learning Hour
3.0 Section 3 Credits
By the end of this case, you should be able to:
- Obtain a complete history and perform physical examination
- Understand the work-up and diagnosis of patients with malignant bowel obstruction
- List the differential diagnosis of malignant bowel obstruction
- List the indications for surgery in management of malignant bowel obstruction
- Know the operative principles for primary and metastatic malignant bowel obstruction
- Understand the role of multidisciplinary management of malignant bowel obstruction
Accreditation StatementThis event is an Accredited Self-Assessment Activity (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by Canadian Association of General Surgeons.
- Dr. Erika Schmitz
- Dr. Brittany Dingley
- Dr. Carolyn Nessim
- General Surgeons
- General Surgery Residents and Fellows
Virtual Patient Case Developers
- Nancy Posel PhD (Ed), McGill Faculty of Medicine
The user acknowledges that the workshops, handouts, and related course materials contained therein are intended for educational purposes only, and should not be considered to be legal advice or a substitute for legal or clinical consultation. These presentations address issues that are multi-faceted, and the user should not assume that the courses discuss every law, regulation, or ethical code that may be relevant to the subject matter. Legal and ethical standards are subject to change and it is always prudent to check to see whether a particular law, regulation, or ethical standard may have changed.
This course is freely available to CAGS members. Please create an account and enter your code. If you do not have an access code, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds/Cancellations: CAGS does not offer refunds for On-Demand Library purchases.